Work at the heart of the information industry
From uncovering exclusives to running events that showcase groundbreaking technology, a day at Dods is never dull. We work at a fast pace because our clients expect instant access to the information they need.
Whether you’re working in one of our news teams or analysing the impact of current affairs, you’ll be part of a company that moves with the times. While we’re responsive to a rapidly changing world, we never lose sight of our core values – impartiality, transparency and integrity.
You’ll be joining a group of people that appreciate and respect each other. We welcome entrepreneurial spirit and encourage new ideas from everyone. This fresh thinking, combined with the breadth of our services, means we can offer real value to our clients.
Dods Monitoring Content Manager
Dods Monitoring, is recruiting a Monitoring Content Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team within a highly respected organisation, taking responsibility for delivering the core element of our service through the provision of monitoring content to a large client base.
The Monitoring Content Manager holds editorial control of all Dods Monitoring’s key output, overseeing both office and home based teams in the sourcing and delivery of content from Westminster and the devolved administrations, government, opposition parties, regulators and political stakeholders.
Key responsibilities in the role include:
- Providing daily direction to all members of the monitoring content teams, ensuring the timely and accurate acquisition and delivery of political news and parliamentary information;
- Liaising with technology teams to ensure the smooth passage of content through our bespoke online system;
- Taking an editorial view of Dods Monitoring content and directing the identification and inclusion of new information sources;
- Enhancing the service through additional insight and briefings around parliamentary procedure and political processes;
- Collaborating with other Dods editors in the sharing and development of content, ensuring all output from across the company is maximised for the benefit of our customers;
- Directing our social media presence and engagement for the benefit of the Dods Monitoring brand and development of our information output;
- Providing a horizon scanning service through the management of daily and weekly diaries covering parliamentary activities and political events.
- Experience within a political, content or service delivery role;
- Good understanding of parliament procedures and political processes;
- Proven leadership and management skills;
- Confidence in handling online technology systems;
- Keen eye for detail;
- Ability to manage large workloads to deadline;
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills;
- Motivated and proactive attitude.
- Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date 12:00 16th October 2017
- Two rounds of interviews
- Start date: asap